Radar Station sits on the site of two pre-fabricated timber sheds erected by Decca in 1961. Decca is the name of a record label that branches into different enterprises including it’s Radar division which was started in 1949. Preserving the memory of the two shed forms maintains a link with the original building and its history. Radar is located in a string of other industrial buildings on the headland which separate themselves from the typical domestic railway carriage vernacular common to Dungeness. Original concrete fence posts mark the edge but now the beach is allowed to blend through linking the building to the vastness of the beach.